Yum! (Picture: Walla Abu-Eid/Instagram)
We’re big fans of Sydney baker Walla Abu-Eid.
The amateur chef, who comes up with her own delectable recipes, has wowed us again with a Ferrero Rocher pastry that we can’t wait to create.
The 31-year-old made the delicious treat using puff pastry, hazelnut spread, Ferrero Rocher chocolates, and one egg.
Mum-of-three Walla said she used an Australian brand of hazelnut spread, which has roasted chopped hazelnuts in it, from a halal shop.
But those who don’t have access to the Lino Lada gold spread can just use Nutella.
You can also add a dash of vanilla extract for that extra oomph.
Those strapped for time can get the dessert underway in just ten minutes and then store it for days as it won’t spoil.
As long as the pastry is left in an airtight conditioner, they’ll be good to eat as they don’t contain milk, butter or other ingredients that spoil easily.
You can use Nutella instead of the brand Walla uses (Picture: Walla Abu-Eid/Instagram)
- Ready-rolled puff pastry
- Hazelnut spread (Nutella or Lino Lada from Halal World Australia)
- Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- One egg whisked with a dash of vanilla (optional)
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into nine equal squares
- Place some hazelnut spread in the centre of half the squares and top with a Ferrero piece
- Place a second square of puff pastry on top and seal edges, use a fork to ensure it’s sealed well
- Whisk egg with vanilla and brush it on top of pastry squares
- Bake in a 200C oven till pastry has fully cooked
Walla’s creation has got plenty of love on social, with more than a thousand people loving the Ferrero pastry.
Many said they’d be trying the recipe out while others simply said the finished product looks amazing.
Walla, who is self-taught, has been very inventive with the food she creates, often wowing people with her innovation.
Last year, she impressed with a Lotus Biscoff lasagne which probably tasted as good as it looked.
Do you have a story you want to share?
Email [email protected] to tell us more.