Make your own millionaire’s Nutella brownies (Picture: Fit Waffle/Instagram)
Sometimes things are just meant to go together.
This mix up of millionaire’s shortbread and Nutella brownies really does sound like a match made in heaven.
Created by baker Eloise Head, aka @FitWaffle on Instagram, the treat is made up of a Nutella brownie base, a layer of caramel and a chocolate top.
And best of all – you need just storecupboard ingredients to create them and their easy to put together.
London-based Eloise is a self-taught cook who rose to fame and gained thousands of followers during lockdown as the whole nation got into baking.
Her fans were pretty excited by this recipe.
One person said: ‘That looks so good.’
Another added: ‘Definitely one for me to make.’
For the brownie
- 370g Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 65g plain flour
For the caramel
- 1 397g tin condensed milk
- 100g light brown sugar
- 90g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
For the topping
- 220g milk chocolate
- 50g Nutella
- Add Nutella and eggs to a bowl and whisk together, and then fold in the flour.
- Scoop the mixture into a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper and bake in the oven at 160 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
Eloise says This brownie base is super quick and easy to make and perfect if you like cakey brownies. If you prefer a fudgy, more gooey brownie I would use another brownie recipe for the base
- For the caramel, add condensed milk, light brown sugar, unsalted butter and golden syrup to a saucepan. Stir over a low heat for five to 10 minutes until it bubbles.
- Once the mixture has thickened, pour it over the cooled brownies and leave in the fridge for about an hour to set.
- Melt milk chocolate with Nutella in the microwave until smooth, then pour the chocolate liquid over the caramel brownie and leave to set for another hour.
Do you have a recipe to share?
Get in touch at [email protected].