Heavenly (Picture: Instagram/@veganbrownting)
With lockdown still in place, we’re looking for ways to make evenings and weekends more interesting.
Baking is a great way to kill time – not to mention you’re left with some delicious snacks at the end of it.
One treat that’s bound to bring a smile to your face – no matter how bad your lockdown boredom – is a recipe for Biscoff French toast roll-ups.
Yes, that’s right, the creation combines two incredible goodies, Biscoff spread and sugary French toast, for one almighty dessert or indulgent breakfast.
Up your weekend brunch game with these (Picture: Instagram/@veganbrownting)
Sweet tooths, brace yourself (Picture: Instagram/@veganbrownting)
The recipe comes from Abby of the Instagram account @veganbrownting – she recommends drizzling the finished product in dark chocolate and adding some vanilla ice cream.
Abby’s recipe makes around 10-15 rolls – so there’s plenty to go around – and her work of edible art has already received more than 3,000 likes and 200 comments.
One person replied: ‘Oh my lordy… this looks delish.’
While another added: ‘Literally cannot cope. Need a lie down.’
Treat yourself (Picture: Instagram/@veganbrownting)
See the full recipe below…
- 100ml oat milk
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dark chocolate (optional)
- Thick white bread
- Biscoff spread
- Butter/vegan butter
1. Mix all the oat milk, flaxseeds, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a bowl and put in the fridge for 10 mins.
2. While it’s chilling, prep your bread by cutting off the crusts and completely flatten it with a rolling pin.
3. Spread Biscoff on one side and roll up the bread – the Biscoff will hold it together.
4. Give the wet mixture a mix and dunk the rolled bread in it – do this quickly, so you don’t soak it.
5. Heat some butter (or vegan butter) and fry the rolls on a low heat turning occasionally until all the sides are crispy. This takes around 10 mins.
6. Once they’re done, mix the cinnamon and sugar together and roll or cover each roll in the mix.
7. Top with chosen ingredients like maple syrup or melted dark chocolate.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch at [email protected].