Make your own McChicken sandwich (Picture: Morganhipworth/TikTok)
Morgan Hipworth is just 19 but he’s already a successful chef.
Throughout the pandemic, he’s been putting out videos showing how to create some fast food favourites at home.
And now he’s turned his hand to the McDonald’s McChicken sandwich.
Although he doesn’t have the exact recipe, he’s put together a coating and cooking method which he says gives something very close to the chain’s version.
In a video posted on TikTok, the teenager, from Melbourne, Australia, started by combining garlic and onion powder, celery salt, potato flour, rice flour and black pepper together to form a dry mix.
He then made a wet mix of potato flour, rice flour, water and one egg.
To make the chicken burger, he sliced chicken breast into strips, dipped it in the dry mix, then the wet mix and then the dry mix again.
Morgan then fried the chicken in hot vegetable oil and once cooked, he put the it in a brioche bun with lettuce and mayo.
The video has been watched over 152,000 times by Morgan’s fans and lots said they couldn’t wait to make it themselves.
- 1 chicken breast
- Brioche buns
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Vegetable oil
- 50g potato flour
- 50g rice flour
- 1 egg
- Water (if needed
- 100g potato flour
- 100g rice flour
- 1tsp celery salt
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1tsp black pepper
- 50g kewpie mayonnaise
- 10ml pickle juice (liquid from pickles)
- Cut the chicken breast into thin pieces.
- Combine the ingredients for the dry mix together in a bowl. In another bowl, combine the wet mix ingredients.
- Coat the chicken breast in the dry mix first, then the wet mix and then again in the dry mix.
- Fry the chicken in boiling vegetable oil at 170 degrees Celsius until golden brown.
- Combine the ingredients for the mayonnaise and toast the brioche bun. Layer the bun with the chicken, lettuce, mayonnaise and top of the bun.
Do you have a recipe to share?
Get in touch at [email protected].