WERE you a parent who felt your child missed out on key education during the first lockdown?
If so, you are not alone.
Get your kids back up to speed with reading and writing with these fun gams
Education watchdog Ofsted has warned schoolkids have slipped behind with learning – forgetting how to spell, read and going backwards with numbers.
Now schools have re-opened many parents are desperate to get their child back up to speed but don’t necessarily have the time or the money.
It’s OK, we’re here to help with some briliant ten-minute brain-boosting games.
Get your pens and pencils at the ready to have some educational fun with your little brainboxes.
- Right click, save and print each of the images below for your little ones to enjoy
DRAW along the lines of the letters. For early years foundation stage and key stage 1 children (ages three to seven).
PLACE a digit from 1 to 4 in each empty square so that no digit repeats in any row, column or bold-lined 2×2 box.
For older key stage 1 children (aged approximately six to seven and up).
BREAK the code by identifying the value of the emojis and doing the sum. For key stage 2 children (for ages 7 to 11).
ANSWERS: 1, 94; 2, 33; 3, 7; 4, 58; 5, 65; 6, 18; 7, 85; 8, 43; 9, 75; 10, 9.
FIND the eight planet names hidden in the wordsearch. For older key stage 1 children (approximately aged seven-plus).
LOOK at the pictures and figure out which letters are missing from each word and identify the words including ‘th’. For key stage 1 children (ages 5 to 7)
ANSWERS: The words with “TH” in them are: 2, bath; 5, moth; 6, thin; and 8, thorn
FILL in the dotted letters on the ABC path. For early Years foundation stage and key stage 1 children (ages three to seven).
- I Can Write Letters and ABC Path (Start School with Topsy and Tim:
- Wipe Clean First Writing, published by Ladybird, £3.99)
- Sudoku (Sudoku Games for Clever Kids by Gareth Moore, £4.99, published by Buster Books)
- Word search (Wordsearches for Clever Kids by Gareth Moore, £4.99, published by Buster Books)
- ‘Th’ words, dot to dot and emoji code-breaker are printed with the permission of Twinkl educational resources, see twinkl.co.uk.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]