Millions are cancelled their TV subscriptions as the cost of living rises (Picture: PA)
With the cost of living spiralling out of control, people are looking at all sorts of ways to save money and cut back on monthly expenses.
One of the first things to go when households cut back are subscriptions – whether that’s to a favourite magazine or a premium version of a much-loved TV channel.
Ready to part with your ITV Hub+ subscription in order to cut down on your monthly outgoings?
Here is how to cancel your membership.
If you subscribed on the ITV website
If you signed up through ITV on their website, you’ll need to take the following steps:
- Go to their website a sign in to your ITV Hub account
- Click your name at the top of the page and go to the ‘Manage Account‘ section – you’ll be asked to confirm your email and password.
- Click on ‘Manage payment details‘ on the right hand side of the page
- Click ‘Cancel‘ and confirm you’d like to cancel your subscription
Millions watch Love Island on the ITV Hub (Picture: ITV)
If you subscribed on Apple TV
On the most recently updated version of Apple TV, you can edit subscriptions on your tvOS through the apps that are installed on your device.
For Apple TV (3rd generation or below), you will need to use an iPhone, iPad, or computer manage your subscriptions:
- Open you device’s ‘Settings‘ menu
- Select ‘Users & Accounts‘ and select your account.
- Select ‘Subscriptions‘
- Find ‘ITV Hub+‘ and select ‘Cancel Subscription‘
If you don’t see a ‘Cancel Subscription‘ option, then your membership is already cancelled and it won’t renew.
If you subscribed on your Amazon Fire TV stick
If you are an Amazon Fire subscriber, ITV directs you to your Amazon account.
- Sign into the Amazon account which uses ITV Hub+
- Select ‘Your Memberships and Subscriptions‘
- Find ‘ITV Hub+‘ and select ‘Cancel‘
For those who sign up via Amazon’s website, you will need to visit their help page and search for ‘Subscriptions’, select ‘Manage your Subscriptions with Amazon subscriptions‘ and cancel your ITV membership.
Over 1.5 million people cancelled TV subscriptions recently (Picture: Getty Images)
If you subscribed using Google Play
If you subscribed using Google, you will need to visit their play store, either via your mobile or through their Google Play website.
- Go to the Google Play website or mobile app
- Check that you’re signed in using correct Google account
- On the left, select ‘My subscriptions‘
- Select ‘ITV Hub+ subscription‘
- Click ‘Manage‘ and then ‘Cancel subscription‘
- When the confirmation pop-up appears, click ‘Yes‘
Once you have complete those steps, whichever device you are on you can still watch ITV on catchup for free using the Hub app or the website – you will just have to suffer the ads.
Share your views in the comments below