MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry’s Megxit review with the Queen has been cancelled as the situation is “working”, royal insider has claimed today.
⚠️ Read our Meghan Markle and Prince Harry live blog for the latest news on the Royal couple
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are not expected to have to meet with the Queen to discuss their new life in the US, it was claimed todayCredit: AFP
The 12-month review was due for March 31 – a year on from their final engagement as working royals.
But it has now been claimed the couple won’t discuss Megxit with the Queen as previously expected.
Instead, Vanity Fair royal correspondent Katie Nicholl told True Royalty TV’s Royal Beat there had already been communication between the couple and senior members of the Firm.
She said: “My understanding from the Sussexes camp is that there has been communication with the Queen, Prince Charles and with William as well. The general feeling is that this [current situation] is working.
She added: ‘This isn’t to say that people are not watching closely what these deals are, what the couple are doing and what these projects are going to be.
“But there is not this need to have this review one year on.”
It was previously revealed an in-person review was unlikely to happen due to the strict travel restrictions put in place due to Covid.
The discussions had been expected to discuss how Megxit was going, with reports that the Queen had made it clear she would be happy to welcome the couple back.
But it has been claimed Meghan, 39, and Harry, 36, don’t regret their decision to quit the Firm and move to the US.
Only Harry’s military titles have remained a concern, with the duke left “truly disappointed” when the decision was made to strip him of the honours after he quit the Royal Family.
Meghan and Harry are seen here at their last royal engagement in March last yearCredit: AFP or licensors
The Sussexes are happy living in the US, insiders have claimedCredit: Getty Images
Nicholl added: “The one thing that is outstanding is the issue of his [Prince Harry’s] military title and I am told that it will be the Queen that ultimately makes that decision.”
Harry and Meghan have happily made themselves at home in the US since leaving the UK, currently living in their £10million ($14m) mansion in Santa Barbara with one-year-old son Archie.
But senior advisors are reportedly concerned over the speed at which they have been signing megabucks deals with the likes of Netflix, Spotify and the Harry Walker Agency.
Eyebrows were also raised after Oprah Winfrey advertised a vegan coffee brand on her Instagram page that Meghan had invested in.
But perhaps the cancellation of the Megxit review will leave some royals breathing a sigh of relief – as The Sun exclusively revealed Harry, Meghan, William and Kate face a “very awkward” encounter when the ‘Frosty Four’ reunite.
We also revealed the Prince was in line for a ticking off from his grandma on his return to the UK after a source told The Sun: “There are all sorts of issues to speak about — not only his political statements but also his visa situation in the US.”
However, they also added: “Even though he would have to isolate for two weeks, the estate is large enough for talks in a socially distanced way.”
The Royal Family has a packed diary of big events in the coming year that the Sussexes would look rude to miss – not least the unveiling of a statue of Princess Diana that Wills and Harry commissioned together.
The group could now be reunited at a number of events in 2021, including the Queen’s 95th birthday, Prince Philip’s 100th and the unveiling of Princess Diana’s statue.
The Royal Family was dealt a blow when the couple announced they were quitting last yearCredit: AFP – Getty
The parents are now raising son Archie in the USCredit: AFP or licensors