Ryan has denied breaking any safety protocols (Picture: The Voice/NBC)
TV network NBC has issued a statement after they disqualified singer Ryan Gallagher from The Voice.
On November 30, Ryan was due to compete in the live playoffs, although before the show had even got underway, host Carson Daly shocked fans when he announced that Ryan had dropped out of the series.
According to People, NBC told how the opera singer was kicked off the live shows because he had ‘breached coronavirus safety protocols’.
Claims which Ryan vehemently denies.
The statement began by explaining that The Voice has strict measures in place so that they can keep all crew and contestants safe throughout the show.
However, after being made aware that Ryan had reportedly breached the protocols, they were forced to remove him from the competition.
‘We were made aware of a breach in those protocols, and after examining the situation, and out of an abundance of caution, we determined that Ryan could not participate in our Monday night show without potentially putting others at risk,’ the statement read.
Ryan has denied the claims made by NBC and his rep told the news outlet that ‘nothing could be further from the truth’.
‘Last Sunday my client Ryan Gallagher, who was a leading contender as part of Kelly Clarkson’s team on the current season of NBC-TV’s The Voice, was dismissed by NBC and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios for an alleged violation of the show’s Covid 19 protocol,’ Ryan’s rep Michael Catalano began.
Michael went on to add that Ryan understands how serious the pandemic is and he would never ‘knowingly put anyone at risk by not adhering to the show’s Covid-19 policy’.
He told how Ryan’s own mother had been in ICU for three weeks after contracting the virus.
‘As you can imagine there is more to the story here than the show has announced and at an appropriate time and place of our choosing Ryan will respond to these damaging allegations,’ his manager continued.
Michael concluded the statement by expressing Ryan’s devastation about being dismissed by the show as it has always been his ‘lifelong dream’.
He then went on to thanks his fans for their ‘outpour’ of support ‘during this difficult time’.
It comes after Ryan released a clip of him singing a Christmas song on social media, where he told his followers ‘Stand by for facts’.
‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,’ he captioned the video.
‘Music is the only thing that transports me to a better place.. and Christmas music even more.’
‘It’s been a weird/stressful week. I am grateful to each and every one of you for your continued support and love throughout this new development,’ he added.
‘Standby for more facts!’
Metro.co.uk has reached out to NBC and Ryan’s rep for further comment.
The Voice US airs on NBC.