ARSENAL transfer target Neto has demanded a Barcelona exit in search of first-team football, according to reports.
According to SPORT, the Brazilian keeper is fed up of playing second fiddle to German international Marc-Andre Ter Stegen.
Barcelona’s Brazilian keeper Neto in action.
And it is claimed Neto, 31, has handed in a transfer request days after being linked with Mikel Arteta’s Gunners.
Neto is understood to have a staggering £177m release clause included in his contract.
But Spanish reports say that Neto has pleaded with Barca to lower his price tag making it easier for him to depart.
And the Catalan Giants are understood to be open to letting the once-capped Brazil interntion leave the club.
⚽ Read our Arsenal live blog for the latest news from The Emirates
Barcelona paid Valencia an up-front fee of around £23.2 million for the glovesman in 2019.
But he has only figured in 14 games in the last two seasons.
DREAM TEAM SELECTOR
- Could you pick your way to £10,000+?
- Sign up now for Dream team Selector and start 2021 with a bang!
- Choose a winning team each week and you advance to the next round but be careful – you can only pick each team once!
- 10% Early Bird offer closes midnight January 18th
- Click HERE to play Dream Team Selector – 18+. T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
Arteta has already admitted that Arsenal are actively looking for a more experienced back-up option behind Bernd Leno, after allowing Emi Martinez leave for Aston Villa in the summer.
And Neto has close ties within the North London outfit through his agent Kia Joorabchian.
He also represents David Luiz, Willian and Cedric Soares who all already play for the club.