STEFANOS TSITSIPAS takes on Daniil Medvedev in their Australian Open semi-final on Friday morning.
The Greek star beat Rafael Nadal in heroic fashion on Wednesday, coming back from two sets down to win in five.
Stefanos Tsitsipas beat Rafael Nadal in five sets on WednesdayCredit: Alamy Live News
Medvedev overcame Andrey Rublev with ease, beating him 7-5, 6-3, 6-2.
What time does Medvedev vs Tsitsipas start?
- Tsitsipas’ big clash with Medvedev will get underway from 8.30am UK time on Friday, February 19.
- Around 7,000 fans will be allowed to watch the clash live after lockdown rules were lifted in Melbourne earlier this week.
- The clash will take place at Melbourne Park.
What channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- Medvedev’s clash with Tsitsipas will be shown live on Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 1 HD in the UK.
- You can also live stream all of the action from the Eurosport player, which costs £6.99 a month.
- The Eurosport player is available for download on your mobile or tablet device, as well as a smart TV.
What has been said?
“I’m speechless, I have no words to describe what just happened on court,” said Tsitsipas after his win over Nadal.
“My tennis speaks for itself. It is an unbelievable feeling to fight at such a level and give it my all on the court.
“I started very nervous, I won’t lie. I don’t know what happened after the third set. I flew like a little bird.
“Everything worked for me and the feelings are indescribable.”
Medvedev overcame Rublev in their quarter-final clash earlier this weekCredit: Alamy Live News
“Andrey was definitely one of the favourites to go far in this tournament,” said Medvedev after his victory against Rublev.
“To win this match in three sets, especially [with] how physical it was, was [an] amazing level from me.
I’m really happy about it. We had some unbelievable rallies. I think the match was high quality. It’s the first time to be honest [that] I saw Andrey tired.”