EMMA RADUCANU is taking on Romanian Ana Bogdan in her next clash at the Transylvania Open.
The Brit sensation beat Polona Hercog in three sets on Tuesday night to book her spot in the last-16 of the competition.
Raducanu is looking for glory in RomaniaCredit: PA
Raducanu’s win over Hercog was her first since winning the US Open in September, having been dumped out of Indian Wells in the first round just weeks after.
And she’ll be hoping to pick up another trophy by the end of next week as she looks to move on in Romania, where her father was born.
Opponent Ana Bogdan beat Serbia’s Ivana Jorovic in the first round and has been full of praise for Raducanu.
She said: “Of, course, even to me [what she did was inspirational].
“I said to myself that everything is possible, everything is achievable if you work hard and if you believe, if you are positive, you can do it.
“It’s very important to have the right attitude, this is what I admired when I watched her: the focus, her shots, and the way she behaved.
“For me she was an inspiration, I think for many girls out there too. She is a great athlete and a great champion, I’m looking forward to the match.”
“I think she won thanks to her attitude, the way she behaved the whole tournament. That smile and that innocence on her face.
“I think that was the key. She always kept a positive attitude no matter the score, she was there, but positively. That helped her a lot.”
What time does Raducanu vs Bogdan start?
- Raducanu’s clash with Bogdan will get going from 1.30pm UK time on Thursday, October 28 – TODAY.
- The match will be played indoors at the BT Arena in Transylvania.
- There will be NO fans in attendance at the event because of coronavirus restrictions in Romania.
What channel is Raducanu vs Bogdan on and can I live stream it free?
- Raducanu vs Bogdan is live on Amazon Prime Video.
- You can subscribe to Amazon Prime Video by obtaining a month’s free trial first.
- After that, a subscription will set you back £7.99 a month.
- To live stream the event, you can download the Amazon Prime Video app onto your mobile or tablet device.
What has been said?
Emma Raducanu was delighted with her win over Polona Hercog on Tuesday.
She said: “To have won my first WTA match means a lot to me.
“I was on a losing streak of WTA matches, so I got my first one. It feels like a huge win. The key was to try and stay mentally composed. I
“I knew I wasn’t playing very well so I needed to keep going one point at a time.
“I thought if I kept giving myself the chance by holding serve, then my tennis would improve and fall into place and it did. I am really proud of how I fought today.”