WHETHER you got a new pair of AirPods for Christmas or have been using them for a while, there’s still some tricks you may not know.
We’ve rounded up five cool things you can do with the headphones.
AirPods have some cool features you can take advantage ofCredit: Getty – Contributor
Ask your AirPods questions
Apple second-generation AirPods have “Hey Siri” support.
This is great news if you’re about to go on a run and want to quickly check the weather or maybe you just want a news update when you’re out and about.
When your AirPods are on and in your ears you can just say “Hey Siri” and ask your question.
Siri will then reply though your headphones.
The latest AirPods have “Hey Siri” supportCredit: Apple
You won’t need to take your iPhone out your pocket to do this but you will need to have Siri enabled on your phone.
Make use of voice commands
Sticking with a similar theme, there are several useful voice commands you can use with the latest AirPods.
You can say things like “Hey Siri, skip this song.” or “Hey Siri, pause.”
You can even ask how much battery percentage is left on your AirPods.
Turn off automatic ear detection
Your AirPods are smart enough to know when they’re in your ears or not.
If you’d like your music to keep playing even when you take your AirPods out your ears then turn automatic ear detection off.
To do this go to Settings on your phone and then click Bluetooth, the select your AirPods on your devices list.
Lastly, just slide the automatic ear detection off.
The double tap settings
When you double tap AirPods you can get them to do different things.
You can also set different commands for the right AirPod and the left one.
The choice of commands are: activate Siri, play or pause, play next track and go back a track.
You can also disable the double tap feature.
To choose any of these options go to Settings on your phone, then Bluetooth, select your AirPods and then go into the double tap settings section.
Easy iPhone pairing
Most people overlook the simplest way to pair AirPods with an iPhone.
Place your AirPods inside their charged case and put this right next to your iPhone.
Make sure your iPhone has Bluetooth turned on.
Then all you have to do is open the case and the AirPods should be automatically detected by your iPhone.
Just click on the option on your phone screen to pair them.
Apple AirPods 2 review – The Sun’s verdict
Here’s what tech editor Sean Keach had to say…
- The AirPods are a masterclass in design: they look great, they work flawlessly and they make your life easier.
- If you’re moving from regular cabled earbuds to AirPods, you’ll never want to go back.
- I found the fit to be tight and secure even when running, and – despite my initial fears – I’ve never managed to lose one.
- Battery life is better than ever, the new wireless charging is pretty handy (although the £40 upgrade won’t be for everyone), and hands-free Hey Siri is a useful feature if you’re brave enough to use it.
- The AirPods 2 are attainably priced, retain all the best bits from the beloved original buds, and offer some minor upgrades to boot.
- They’re probably not worth an upgrade from the original AirPods unless (1) your old ones have dead batteries, (2) you’re a wireless charging fanatic, or (3) you’re an Apple obsessive.
- But for newcomers and gadget lovers, I can’t recommend the new AirPods enough.
- The Sun says: The ultimate earbuds for iPhone owners, these easy-to-love headphones are the simplest way to upgrade your audio game today. ★★★★★
In other news, a new tool called “Bufferi.ng” claims it can help people fake a bad video call connection so you can take a break from meetings.
A WhatsApp bug could let total strangers join your group chats and steal your phone number.
And, Donald Trump has banned eight major Chinese apps from operating in the United States as part of efforts to protect national security.
What are you thoughts on AirPods? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]