CHRISTMAS may be over but if you still want to treat yourself to a present you may want to consider this amazing Amazon Echo Dot offer.
Currys PC World is selling the small Alexa smart speaker for a surprisingly low amount.
You can save £20 on the Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen speakerCredit: Alamy
You can now get the Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen speaker for £19.99.
It normally costs £39.99.
Thats an impressive saving of £20.
The offer can be found on the Currys PC World website.
- Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen for £19.99 (save £20) – Buy Here
The speaker has three different colour variations and a fabric casingCredit: Getty – Contributor
The speaker may be small and compact but it’s got a lot of cool features and access to the useful virtual assistant Alexa.
With more of us having to work from home, having a good smart speaker can be useful for things like setting reminders and timers.
You can also ask Alexa to create to do lists for you or just ask for news updates.
You can play music through the Dot speaker via bluetooth or ask Alexa to play a radio station.
If you have a smart home system setup you can use the Echo Dot to control things like dimming the lights.
At just 3.9 inches in diameter and less than 2 inches tall, the speaker can fit seamlessly into any home setting without taking up space.
The Echo Dot 3rd Gen has a fabric casing with a plastic top.
It comes in three colours.
These are charcoal, silver/grey and white.
However, the two darker colours are currently sold out on the Currys PC World website.
If you don’t want the speaker in white you’ll need to submit your email address to find out when the other colours come back in stock.
Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen for £19.99 (save £20) – Buy Here
What is Alexa?
If you’ve never heard of Alexa, here’s what you need to know…
- Alexa is an “intelligent” personal assistant built by Amazon.
- You can find her on several different devices, including Amazon’s Echo speakers.
- Alexa responds to voice commands, and can talk back to you.
- She can perform thousands of different tasks, including telling you about the news or weather.
- But she can do more complex things too, like ordering a pizza or arranging an Uber taxi pick-up.
- To activate Alexa, you need to say “Alexa” to an Amazon Echo speaker.
- Because she’s powered by artificial intelligence, Alexa is constantly getting smarter.
- Alexa will also get more used to your voice, and better understand what you want her to do over time.
In other news, Disney will soon put up the price of its streaming service for UK users.
Thousands of suspected TV pirates will receive a letter from police this week warning them they are being watched by the authorities.
And, we revealed some tips on how to stop your WhatsApp getting hacked.
What are your thoughts on Amazon smart speakers? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]