A TWITCH gamer has gone viral for the brilliant way she handled a troll asking “What color is your thong today?” during a live stream.
Emme “negaoryx” Montgomery tweeted her response, which can be seen in a video clip that’s now been viewed millions of times.
She captioned the tweet “99% of the time, I ignore trolls and ban them. 1% of the time, I do this:”.
In the video Montgomery can be seen reading the sexist comment and sighing as she continued to play a video game for her fans.
She then said: “Respect women, you just absolute infant of a human.”
The famous gamer continued: “So, what did you expect? Did you expect I was gonna be like, ‘Blue’.
“‘Why, do you want to find out? Here’s my number.’ Like what do you think people are gonna do, my dude? How do you think it’s going any other way than how it went?”
The person who asked the question then responded in the comments section with “You can’t take a joke.”
This only served to infuriate Montgomery further as she explained why it wasn’t a joke and why it wasn’t funny.
She went on to reference comedian Mike Birbiglia who has a sketch about people ruining real jokes when using “You can’t take a joke” to try and justify their actions.
She even told everyone watching to Google ‘Mike Birbiglia: I’m Joking’.
Montgomery said: “[Mike Birbiglia] has a really great bit where he talks about how jokes have been ruined by people like yourself who say sh**** misogynistic things and then when someone calls them out on it they say, ‘I’m joking.’
“Because then people say, ‘Oh, we just can’t joke around in the workplace anymore?’
“No, the rest of us can still joke. You can’t because you were never joking in the first place. You were just being a misogynistic, sexist piece of s***.
“And then, you don’t like hearing that because someone’s holding a mirror up to you and it makes you uncomfortable because you know you and you know the parts of you that are good.
“So in your heart you have to come up with a narrative that makes you feel better about the fact that somebody’s asking you to confront the parts about yourself that you hate the most.”
Lots of people have praised this response online and Birbiglia himself even responded.
The comedian tweeted: “I love this. Honored to be included.”
Twitch – the world’s biggest streaming site explained
Here’s what you need to know…
- Twitch is a website dedicated to hosting livestreams watched by millions around the world
- The platform is owned by Amazon and largely focusses on video game livestreams
- However, content creators also upload clips of themselves creating artwork or music, or simply having a chat
- Twitch boasts more than 15million daily active users watching clips streamed by around 3million creators
- Its creators make money through a mix of paid subscriptions, advertising revenue and donations from viewers
- Some of the site’s biggest earners make millions every year, largely through sponsorship deals with big brands
- Twitch is worth an estimated £3billion
- Its biggest competitors are Microsoft-owned streaming platform Mixer, YouTube (which is owned by Google) and Facebook Live
In other news, Twitch streamer Indiefoxx was banned from the platform again over strict nudity rules.
Facebook will no longer recommend “political or civil” groups to users.
And, scam emails claiming that the recipient has been selected to receive a coronavirus vaccine have been highlighted by concerned experts.
Do you use Twitch? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]