THE Golden Joystick Awards have just announced its winners, and indies have taken some wins away from triple-A titles.
Elden Ring was one of the big winners at the event, picking up five awards, including Ultimate Game of the Year.
Elden Ring won the most awards this year.Credit: FromSoftware
It also picked up Best Visual Design, Best Multiplayer Game, Critics’ Choice Award, and Studio of the Year.
In fact, God of War failed to pick up any awards, while PlayStation’s other big game Horizon Forbidden West was awarded only Best Storytelling.
A number of indie games picked up awards usually won by triple-A titles.
Cuphead: Delicious Last Course won Best Expansion, Vampire Survivors won the Breakthrough Award, Metal: Hellsinger won Best Audio, and Cult of the Lamb picked up the coveted Game of the Year.
Popular live service games were also awarded despite being available for several years now.
Genshin Impact picked up the Still Playing award, while Final Fantasy 14 was given Best Game Community.
Here is the full list of awards and winners:
- Best Storytelling – Horizon Forbidden West
- Still Playing Award – Genshin Impact
- Best Visual Design – Elden Ring
- Studio of the Year – FromSoftware
- Best Game Expansion – Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course
- Best Early Access Launch – Slime Rancher 2
- Best Indie Game – Cult of the Lamb
- Best Multiplayer Game– Elden Ring
- Best Audio – Metal: Hellsinger
- Best Game Trailer – Goat Simulator 3 Announcement Trailer
- Best Game Community – Final Fantasy 14
- Best Gaming Hardware – Steam Deck
- Breakthrough Award – Vampire Survivors
- Critics’ Choice Award – Elden Ring
- Best Performer – Manon Gage (Marissa Marcel, Immortality)
- Nintendo Game of the Year – Pokémon Legends Arceus
- PC Game of the Year – Return to Monkey Island
- PlayStation Game of the Year – Stray
- Xbox Game of the Year – Grounded
- Most Wanted Game – Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- Ultimate Game of the Year – Elden Ring
Written by Georgina Young on behalf of GLHF.
All the latest Gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks across your favourite consoles and games? We have you covered…